Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Trading Card Review: Adventure Time Playpaks

            I was never fond of Adventure Time having dog tags or whatever they used to have in the Card Corner at Target, but when I found these I was quite excited.  Why, my face must have lit up like… Well, like my two year old son when I pulled him out of line and showed him what I had found.

            When I saw that there were five cards per pack and 45 cards in total, I thought, “No doubles and in nine packs I’ll be done”, but there are actually only two cards of each character per pack.  In my first pack, I got character cards for Ice King and Tree Trunks, which is cool because I like Tree Trunks for some odd reason.

            There is also a sticker card (I got Fiona and Cake), a glitter type princess card and a scratch-and-sniff card (mine smells like peppermint).    So, it looks like it might take me longer than I had expected to collect all of these cards, but I’m fine with that.  My son loves ripping open a pack of most trading cards as much as I do, and we both love Adventure Time so this works out perfectly.

            I am somewhat curious as to who the 45 character cards will be (I’m sure all of that information is online, but prefer to be surprised) but finding them will be most of the fun.  Adventure Time was undoubtedly on my list of properties that needed trading cards, so thankfully someone read my mind.

            Also, I feel worth noting that of these five cards not one of them has Finn or Jake on it except for the backside of the sticker, which is a puzzle piece.  If it was anything else I’d be upset, but I just love Adventure Time so much I don’t care that this pack was absent of the two main characters.  













No comments:

Post a Comment