Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Trading Card/Toy Review: Go-Go's Crazy Bones

            My two year old son knows when it’s time to go, so he can say “go” very clearly.  Putting it together twice proved to also be an easy task for him, as he now constantly points to Walgreens when we are nearby and says “Go-Go” repeatedly. 

            I first stumbled upon these little suckers in Walgreens, mixed in with the Easter stuff, and I thought they looked new and different so I’d give them a shot.  What appealed to me most about them, other than their design, is that they were $1.99 per pack or 2 packs for $3.00.   The first three series all have the same format per pack:  three Go-Go’s plus three stickers.  The fourth series cuts back to only two Go-Go’s per pack, but they make up for it with the shiny ones and two trading cards per pack as well.

            So what the heck is a Go-Go?  There is some kind of game you can play with this, even with the cards, but I don’t really care about all that.  They just remind me of gashopon, and at fifty cents per toy + sticker for the first three series, I couldn’t help but take a gamble on them.

            That chance I took turned quickly into two different tins and many more packs to the point now where I’m closing in on nearly one hundred Go-Go’s, but I’ll just say a lot of that also has to do with my son’s love for them.

            Fun Fact: I went to Five Below once specifically to look for them because the Go-Go’s website said that they would be there.  Am I obsessed yet?

            I am not 100% certain whether I’d rather have more Go-Go’s per pack or the trading cards, but these things are somewhere between kaiju, robots, luchadores and characters from Adventure Time, so that’s all I really need to know to be sold on them.   







No comments:

Post a Comment