Sunday, April 13, 2014

Trading Cards Write-Ups: An Introduction

                When I was a kid growing up, I collected trading cards like crazy.   From the primary staple of baseball cards to so many other things I cannot even begin to list because there were just so many.   Of course, back in my day (Am I really that old?) most everything got a series of trading cards.  Have a band?   Have some trading cards.  Have a movie coming out or television series?  Have some trading cards.   Fighting a war?  Let’s make trading cards!

                These days, trading cards are much more select in what they put out.  There are any number of different properties and licensing that I think should be their own trading cards, and while they are not I do hope to explore some of them in writing about trading cards.   It is also my intent to share with you not only some classic trading card series that existed but pictures from my personal collection as well.

                So if you like anything from baseball to Adventure Time to hip hop, strap yourself in for what should hopefully be a fun ride.   It was only recently (within the last few years) that I managed to find myself back into trading cards after adding some stray Howard Johnson cards to my collection.


                After some recent baseball card purchases, I managed to get cards for Mars Attacks!.   Then came Garbage Pail Kids.  And the list continued into just recently when I was at my local Target, saw new cards for Adventure Time, got really excited and knew it was finally time to do this thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment